When I met my wife in college, I knew right away we were going to get married. We spent hours talking about how many children we wanted, how we were going to raise them and how we would build our family together. We immediately got married after graduation, and I headed straight to Chiropractic school. It didn’t seem like the best time to have children, so we waited. Never could we have predicted the epic struggles we would go through to have a baby.
Once in Chiropractic practice, word started to spread that I was having great success with Breech Babies turning. You know how “Moms to Be” are...they support the tribe...so they told friends, and friends told friends, and word of babies turning spread like wildfire! I was becoming the go-to “Pregnancy Chiropractor.” All the while, my wife and I were struggling to get pregnant, seeing Dr. after Dr., and multiple specialists. We struggled thru multiple failed IUI’s, IVF’s, miscarriages, but the tough times gave birth to a blessing and a mission. Fortunately, we were blessed with the gift of our son, Hunter. Our difficult journey forged a deep desire and mission to serve women before, during and after pregnancy.
I am keenly aware of the physical, mental and emotional struggles women experience through pregnancy. My wife experienced them all. I hope that by reading my “3 Reasons for Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy” you may be able to avoid the common struggles that come along during your pregnancy journey.
1. Shorter Labor: (Mic drop) Do I really need to keep going? A retrospective study has determined that women who seek Chiropractic throughout pregnancy have a 25% reduction in “First Time Labor” times and 31% reduction in labor times if you are having your second or third child. To put it in concrete terms, if an average “First Time Labor” is approximately 14 hours - the average first time “Chiropractic Labor” is 9 hours.
2. Less Pain: You want to feel your best during pregnancy and delivery. Back pain is experienced by more than 50% of women during pregnancy. Women who experience pain are about 3X more likely to experience back labor. The good news comes in a medical collaborative study that indicated “at least 75% of pregnant women who received Chiropractic care during pregnancy found relief from pain.”
3. Breech Turn and Baby Position: Specialized Chiropractic techniques have a strong success rate at helping babies turn from the Breech position to head down. In addition to improving in the position of the baby for birth, Chiropractic aides in removing Uterine constraints. The techniques are non-invasive and painless, and allow you to have the least interventional birth.
Chiropractic care can be an incredible addition to your pregnancy journey.
I'm so very excited to announce the "birth" of Richmond's OWN Prenatal Vitamin! After so many years of working with the pregnant women of Richmond, I observed that this community was being underserved with the typical over-the-counter prenatal's. As my research ensued, I realized that so much of what was available at the corner pharmacy was absolute garbage. Yep, I said it. Garbage. It became my mission...no my passion... to create a superior Prenatal Vitamin that would help World Changing Moms Grow Exceptional Babies! I absolutely believe that
Join us for 30 Days while Dr. Jim and Nicole coach you in preparing your bodies for the miraculous journey of pregnancy! Women and Couples from all over the country will join together via LIVE Zoom and learn how to get their bodies ready and in optimum health PRIOR to their pregnancy!
- Nightly Zooms with a community of women and couples focused on getting their bodies ready for their pregnancy journey
- Personalized Nutrient and Mineral assessment to see what your body needs before and during your pregnancy
- Eating plan for optimal reduction of inflammation and weight (if desired)
- Private consultations with Dr. Holland to share your journey and set goals for the future